Clothing, Accessories & Shoes
Designers Sneak Into Green (Veja)
13 rue de la Cerisaie (google maps)
In 2005, the first Veja collection appeared: the Veja Volley, with a simple and refined design inspired by a 1970s Brazilian style. The idea was to make a beautiful but modest and unfussy product to attract people to the ethical idea behind these shoes. Whether it was the urban side, the vintage look, releasing products in trendy concept stores or through word of mouth, success has followed Veja!
The leather Veja Grama Collection is a ecological leather collection.Ecological leather is a chrome-free leather leather tanned with acacia extract. Under each Veja Grama sole is engraved the quantity of wild rubber contained in it. This quantity is given in grams, «grama» in Portuguese.
Per Veja, their project might be summed up in one question: is another world possible?
Veja has been built on 3 main principles:
1. Using ecological inputs
2. Using fair trade cotton and latex
3. Respecting workers’ dignity
Veja has created a global chain that emphasizes solidarity and environment from the small producers in Brazil to the public.
Each shoe has a different wild rubber weight. With the Grama collection, every sole is unique. All are made in Brazil & Fair Trade! In the Pics Veja Volleys (L), Veja Taua Leather (C), Veja Grama & Grama Leather. Now a suggestion on how to choose your pair!1. Veja Volleys for the summer: they’re made from light canvas, which is perfect for the heatVeja
2. Grama for the spring: the cotton helps with the heat and the thick sole helps to stay dry during April showers
3. Veja Tauás for the autumn because the leather won’t soak up the rain during September storms
4. Veja Grama Leathers in winter because the leather will keep you warm and the thick soles will keep you out of the puddles!
Check out more videos about their green manufacture process...
- Video about organic cotton (from the cotton flower to the trainers' canvas)
- Video about wild rubber used for the sole, and how the Amazonian forest is preserved
- Video explaining how the trainers are assembled
Marked as favorite (1)